With a little care and attention it is easy to protect your jewellery and keep it looking lovely.Silver can start to tarnish over time which is when the metal may become dull or discoloured. It is a natural chemical reaction of the metal with the air. A little attentiveness goes a long way in preventing and removing this tarnish.
Caring for your Jewellery
– When not wearing your jewellery store it in a box, or a pouch to prevent tangling or scratches.
– Store out of direct sunlight and avoid damp humid conditions, as this can encourage tarnishing.
– Keep your jewellery away from any household chemicals and solvents.
– Avoid contact with perfumes, hairspray and lotions. When using these always apply some time before putting on your jewellery, and never spray directly onto the jewellery.
– Avoid wearing your jewellery in the shower or when swimming.
I offer a cleaning service to restore and revitalise any of my work you may own. I charge £30 and this covers return delivery via special delivery in the UK. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a cleaning service. Please allow 14 days for the return of your jewellery.
Cleaning your jewellery at home
All pieces benefit from a general clean every now and again. Soak in a basin of warm soapy water for a minute or two. You can use a soft cloth or an old soft toothbrush to gently remove any stubborn dirt. Rinse and dry carefully on a soft towel or with some kitchen tissue.
Should your jewellery need a more thorough clean I recommend using Silver Foam. This is a paste that generally comes in a pot with a little sponge. Use with warm water to work into a foam and gently dab and rub over the silver. This will bring back the silvery shine back to your jewellery. Make sure you rinse thoroughly and then dry using a soft towel or kitchen tissue. This can also be used for pieces with Keum-boo.
You can also use Silver Dip. This however is a much harsher chemical so be careful. Dip your jewellery in the solution for 5 seconds and then rinse VERY thoroughly. You must not leave any silver dip on the jewellery as this can cause a permanent stain. I always neutralise the dip by rinsing the jewellery, then putting it in a basin of warm water with bicarbonate of soda, and then rinsing again. Dry the jewellery using a soft towel or kitchen towel.
Do not dip pieces that have been strung, or contain stones or pearls.
Matt surfaces can begin to polish up over time. This is especially true of rings. To restore a matt finish you can use a piece of green scouring pad and warm soapy water. Rub in a circular motion very gently, perhaps starting with the back to test it out. Rinse and dry well.
I do not recommend doing this to pieces with Keum-boo as you do not want to accidently rub through the gold.
You can use a silver or gold polishing cloth to restore the shine to any polished pieces and to chains.
DELIVERY & RETURNS
We make most pieces of jewellery to order, especially rings. Most stock pieces can be made in 4-6 weeks but bespoke pieces may take longer. If you need your piece quicker than this please let us know and we will always do our best to meet your deadline.
UK Delivery is by next day Royal Mail Special Delivery.
Your parcel will require a signature on receipt.
International delivery costs and times vary and we are happy to provide details on request.
RETURN / REFUND POLICY
When ordering rings, we do our best to help you order your ring in the correct size. However to allow for surprise gifts and slight adjustments we offer one complementary re-size with all ring sales. Subsequent re-sizes are charged at £30 + any added materials.
Returns are only offered for stock items, which are returned with 14 days of purchase. Customers may either exchange for another piece of jewellery or ask for a credit note. All products being returned must be carefully repacked in their original packaging and be in an unworn and saleable condition.
We are not able to offer refunds for bespoke commissions. The customer retains the right to cancel a bespoke commission at any point but material and production costs incurred will be payable.
Refunds are only offered for items that are faulty. If you receive an item that you believe is faulty please email us within 7 days of receipt quoting your name, address and details of the fault. We will then advise you on how to proceed.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
TERMS OF BUSINESS FOR COMMISSIONED WORK or A HAND MADE PIECE
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on 07972271448.
These are the terms of business between ROXANNA MOZNABI, a self-employed goldsmith whose registered office is at [UNIT 3, 85 SPENCER STREET, BIRMINGHAM, B18 8DE] (‘Us’, ‘We’ or ‘Our’ as the context requires) and CLIENT (‘You’) for provision of the Piece and Services described in the attached Design Brief.
DESIGNS – the drawings (hand drawn or computer rendered) of the Piece created by the Maker according to the Brief.
DESIGN BRIEF – the statement attached to these Terms that describes in detail the Piece that You want Us to design and make for You and the date by which you require delivery of the Piece to You.
MATERIALS – the metal(s) or material(s) You want the Piece to be made in.
PIECE – the articles that You agree to buy from Us or that You instruct Us to source or remodel for You.
PRICE – the price for the Piece, including VAT and packaging but excluding carriage and insurance costs which will be charged in addition if required.
SERVICES – the service of designing the Piece, sourcing Materials, manufacturing the Piece, advising on remodelling of a Piece as set out in the Design Brief and all assistance associated with the manufacture of the Piece for You by Us.
TERMS – the conditions of design, manufacture and sale set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in advance in writing by Us.
We will provide the Services according to these Terms, which form the contract between You and Us in relation to the Services provided by Us to You and signature of which provides evidence of Your obligation to purchase the Piece.
2. All orders for Piece shall be deemed to be an offer by You to purchase Piece from Us according to these Terms, which We can accept or reject in Our absolute discretion, including but not limited to, availability of Materials, urgency of manufacture etc.
3. Acceptance of delivery of the Piece is deemed conclusive evidence of Your acceptance of the Piece and acts as confirmation that it is in working order and has been made according to the Design Brief.
4. A description of the Piece, quantity required, delivery address, sizing and any other relevant details shall be as set out in the Design Brief, which You are responsible for checking. If You believe there is an error in the Design Brief, You must notify Us of this in writing to Our email and a revised Design Brief will be issued to You.
5. we will use our reasonable endeavours to dispatch the Piece on an agreed delivery date, but we do not guarantee this. Time is not of the essence in delivery of the Piece
6. we are not liable to You for any loss or damage whether arising directly or indirectly for the late delivery or short delivery of the Piece. If short delivery does take place, You undertake not to reject the Piece but to accept the Piece delivered as part performance of the contract and We will deliver the balance of the Piece as soon as.
7. If You fail to take delivery of the Piece on the agreed delivery date or, if no specific delivery date has been agreed, when the Piece are ready for despatch, We shall be entitled to store and insure the Piece and to charge You the reasonable costs of doing so. Uncollected, delivery returned or unacknowledged Pieces shall be disposed of 3 months after the agreed date for delivery and no refund will be provided on such items.
8. All Intellectual property rights in the Design (and all drafts and working documents relating to it) belong to Us. We may assign copyright in the Design to You upon request and on payment of a fee.
9. Unless agreed in writing by You and Us, we may make further pieces of jewellery using or based on the Design.
10. We reserve the right to assert our moral rights in the Design and our copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Piece and to photograph the Piece and use images of it for Our business.
11. You warrant that You will not copy Our Design without Our prior written consent.
Acceptance of the Piece
12. You shall carry out a thorough inspection of the Piece within 48 hours of delivery and shall give written notification to Us within 3 working days of delivery of the Piece of any defects which a reasonable examination would have revealed. Defective or faulty Pieces may be returned for repair only and re-delivery to You.
Risk and Ownership in the Piece
13. Risk in the Piece(s) passes on delivery of it/them to You. You are responsible for ensuring that the Piece is adequately insured at least until the expiry of the inspection period in clause 12.
Right of Cancellation and Return of Piece
14. You may not cancel an order for a Piece and/or request a return due to a change of mind or change in personal circumstances and in any event, cancellation will result in forfeit by you of any sums paid for the Piece. Your rights statutory rights are not affected.
15. You may not return and/or seek a refund where a Piece has been;
a. worn, cleaned and/or damaged (whether by accident or deliberately) and the Piece and/or the packaging is not fit for reuse;
b. sourced specifically for You and/or at Your request;
c. made bespoke in accordance with the Maker’s instructions and/or a confirmation of order;
d. sized and/or adjusted in accordance with the Maker’s confirmation of order; remodelled to a new design and have therefore become mixed inseparably with new Piece.
16. Where You have bought a ready-made Piece online from Us, You may cancel the order within 14 days of delivery of it and We will provide a refund upon return of the Piece to Us by You (at your expense) PROVIDED THAT the Piece has NOT been;
a. worn, cleaned and/or damaged (whether by accident or deliberately) and the Piece and/or the packaging are (it for reuse);
b. personalized, sized or remodelled for You and/or at Your request;
17. Where the Piece is proven to be defective You may return it to and We will correct the defect within a reasonable time and re deliver the Piece to You and all provisions of those Terms will apply as before. This is your sole remedy in the event that a piece is defective.
18. In any instance where You are required to return the Piece to Us, You must do so by courier or special delivery post which must be signed for by Us and You must ensure it/them for its/ their full replacement value. In the event that the Piece is not returned or not received by Us, no refund will be given. In the event that we agree to arrange for return of the Piece to Us, We shall be entitled to deduct the cost of returns from the price refunded to You
19. Where a Piece is returned for any reason (including for any statutory reason) We shall be entitled to deduct such sums as are reasonable for the amount the Piece have diminished in value as a result of You handling or wearing it beyond what is reasonably necessary to establish its nature, characteristics and function.
Price and Payment
20. The Price is as shown in the Design Brief.
21. For Piece(s) that are made to order or bespoke, payment of the Price and VAT shall be made by You in two instalments; fifty percent of the price shown will be immediately due and payable in order
a. for Piece to be supplied or, where the item is being made according to Your specification, prior to any work being undertaken;
b. the remaining balance will be invoiced when the Piece are ready for dispatch and payment shall be made immediately upon receipt of invoice and prior to delivery of the Piece, unless any alternative arrangements for payment of the balance have been agreed in advance in writing between the parties.
22. We will invoice You the full Price for Piece(s) which are ready made or which are available for dispatch at once, and You will make payment immediately upon receipt of the invoice and prior to dispatch or delivery of the Piece to You.
23. You shall pay all invoices in full and not exercise any rights of set-off or counter-claim against invoices submitted by Us.
24. Overdue invoices will attract interest calculated on a daily basis until the date of payment at the rate of 5% per annum above the Bank of England base rate from time to time in force. Such interest shall accrue after as well as before any judgement.
25. In any event where payment or any part thereof remains unpaid 14 days after the date of invoice We shall be entitled to cancel the order and any payment already made by You shall be forfeited to cover the cost of our Services. Additionally, We shall be entitled to sell the Piece to cover the costs of materials, labour, assay, storage, insurance and any other expenses we have incurred.
26. We warrant that the Piece will at the time of delivery correspond to the description given in the Design Brief and that the Piece will be fit for purpose, of appropriate quality and made from the materials specified in the Design Brief.
27. our maximum liability in the case of any claim made against us relating to the Piece and/or the Services shall be the cost of the Piece(s) to which the claim relates.
28. The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity and operation of these terms will be governed by the law of England and Wales.
Keeping your data secure and maintaining your privacy is a significant responsibility and one that we take very seriously. We’ve written this policy to help you understand “what” personal information we collect, “how” we process it, “where” it is stored and how you can access or request deletion of your personal data.
Contact us at if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
table of contents
-Definitions used in this Policy
-Data protection principles we follow
-What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
-What Personal Data we gather about you
-How we use your Personal Data
-Who else has access to your Personal Data
-How we secure your data
-Information about cookies
PERSONAL DATA – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
PROCESSING – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
DATA SUBJECT – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
CHILD – a natural person under 16 years of age.
WE/US (either capitalized or not) – Roxanna Moznabi and MOZNABI.COM.
data protection principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
-Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
-Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
-Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
-Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
-We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
-We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
data subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
– Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
– Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
– Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
– Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
– Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
– Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
– Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you -can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
– Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
– Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
– Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
– Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
data we gather
– Information you have provided us with
This includes the Personal Data you provide, or somebody else provides on your behalf when completing any of the following activities:
- Registering a new account on MOZNABI.COM or any of its sub-domains;
- Submitting information or uploading data within a MOZNABI.COM or any of its sub-domains account
- Subscribing to a mailing list
- Ordering a standalone product or service or a rolling contract/subscription
- Initiating a support request or submitting information on our “contact us” form.
- Completing a product referral form
- Completing an online survey or questionnaire
– The information may include the following types of direct or indirect Personal Data:
- Your name
- Your contact information (e.g. phone, email, address etc)
- Employee details
- Personal Data contained within receipts and invoices
- Personal Data contained within uploaded files
- Personal Data contained within bank account transactions or other merchant service transactions
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
– Information we collect about you
We also collect information about how you use your account, this helps us to deliver a more customised user experience, identify trends and improve security. Some of this data may be “Personal Data”, in cases where it can be used to identify a person. Here is the information we collect and how it is used:
- Login dates and IP addresses – This allows us to understand how you are using MOZNABI.COM and identify unusual access patterns.
- Account usages statistics – This includes things like how much time you spend on the website and which features you use. This helps us to optimise your user experience and make you aware of specific features that may be of interest to you.
- Website traffic – This includes general information on how you found our website, which referring site you arrived from (e.g. Google, Facebook etc), and what device or browser you are using. This helps us to improve our marketing strategies and tailor our website for different devices.
- Order history – This information includes a record of any orders you place. This helps us to fulfill our obligations to you and provide accurate financial records when requested.
- Email opens and bounces – We track when the emails we send are opened or bounced. This allows us to optimise our mailing list by delisting addresses that are inactive or unresponsive.
– Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
– Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
how we use your personal data
MOZNABI.COM uses your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data and Financial Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalised offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
- to monitor trends. We collect anonymised data about how people use the MOZNABI website or service. This includes collecting information on the number of visitors, what pages or features are accessed, which country visitors are connecting to the website from, browser types, display size and average viewing times. We may occasionally share this anonymised data with our community, although we will never include specific Personal Data here or any information that would identify you or your business.
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
- You may choose to share your Personal Data and Financial Data with a third-party company or professional you engage on the MOZNABI website or during any of our services and meetings.
- You may also elect to use a third-party Marketplace Application to provide additional functionality for your service and/or contract.
- Your data will only be shared with your explicit consent, although we do ask that you carryout appropriate due diligence before granting any third-party access to your account.
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
- We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
who else can access your personal data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it. We share your data with:
Third-party web services
In some cases it will be necessary to share Financial Data or Personal Data with a third-party web service you have authorised to work with your MOZNABI.COM account, service and/or contract. This may be something like passing invoice information to a third-party payment processor like PayPal or Worldpay. It may also include the export of your data to a document storage service like Dropbox or a project management service like Airtable.
In these cases data will be shared only on the basis that you have provided explicit consent and that you have completed the necessary authorisation for us to pass data to each of these web services. When we work with a third-party web service in this way, we always make sure that your data is only sent over a secure encrypted connection.
Our outsourcing partners:
In order to provide a robust and reliable service, we depend on a number of service providers to carry out key operations within our business. This includes things like document storage, payment processing, email processing, marketing assistance, social media management and website security.
Whenever we entrust your data with an outsourcing partner, we always carry out thorough due diligence and ongoing monitoring to ensure that appropriate privacy controls are in place and maintained at all times.
Sale of business assets:
We reserve the right to share Personal Data with a prospective buyer of business assets. This would be subject to the terms of a Non Disclosure Agreement.
how moznabi.com secures your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. We protect our systems with security and antivirus softwares.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret and take all reasonable steps to protect your account from unauthorised access.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
-Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
-Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
-Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
-Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
MOZNABI.COM Data Protection Officer
Roxanna Moznabi – email@example.com
Last modification was made 17/10/2018.